SPECIALIZED S-Works Tarmac SL7 Deep Marine Frame
Why should you choose between aerodynamics and lightness, between driving quality and speed? It’s simple, you don’t have to! Here’s the Tarmac - ride the lightest bike within the limits set by the UCI, which is also the fastest. Pipelines created with our FreeFoil Shape Library form the new, lightweight Rider-First Engineered chassis. Gone are the days when aerodynamics compromised lightness. Tarmac, the fastest bike on any road. The S-Works Tarmac Chassis is the perfect starting point to build your dream bike.
- Aerodynamics is everything, the motto we have adopted for years and is also what characterizes the design of the Tarmac. For the pipes that create the fastest and always UCI compliant chassis we drew inspiration from Venge and our collection of optimised 'FreeFoil Shape Library' profiles. We returned to our wind tunnel to create a modular test bike with these profiles. The result is the Tarmac, The fastest so far. Uncompromising, pure speed.
- In the path to creating the new Tarmac, as well as for all our bikes for road racing, weight was another discriminating factor. Previously the aerodynamic bikes paid duty under the aspect of weight - the more you reduce air resistance, the more you increase weight. With the Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it, as standard, at the limit of the UCI regulation or just below. With the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like FEA analysis and some high-end engineering 'tricks', we have succeeded.
- Always with the goal of developing the best bike for road racing, we used our Rider-First Engineered technology to ensure the Tarmac was balanced and manageable in every frame size. Thanks to feedback from our athletes from the three professional teams SD Worx, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-Hansgrohe, we made some changes on the Tarmac. A new balance for the quality of driving between the front and the rear car, so that even the long days in the saddle are more comfortable, without compromising the legendary handling and responsiveness of the Tarmac.
- Based on the teachings of the Venge, the new Tarmac uses a simple integration to create a clean and fast cockpit that is easy to live. We have improved routing for any configuration - mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. - all while maintaining its aerodynamic characteristics. These same features also make the new Tarmac easy to work with and easy to travel. It’s a win-win.
2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset
Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree
Tarmac integrated wedge
S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
* Specifications may vary without notification